Black Mountain Golf Club in Hua Hin, Thailand. Image courtesy of Tourism Authority of Thailand.
What You'll Get
A 15-day, 14-night golf tour through Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia and Hua Hin and Bangkok in Thailand, combining highlights from both country's capitals and long, leisurely days golfing at some of these cities' top golf & country clubs.
The days are long and the fairways seem to go on forever, but this 15-day tour of Malaysia and Thailand's top golf courses will help you improve your handicap within some of Southeast Asia's most gorgeous landscapes.
In Kuala Lumpur, spend the first six days of this tour making the rounds of the Malaysian capital's most historic courses:
- The parkland-style Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club, East Course , host of Sime Darby LPGA tournament;
- The Ross Watson-designed Kota Permai Golf & Country Club , a multi-awarded course that recently hosted the Malaysian Open;
- The Saujana Golf & Country Club, Bunga Raya Course , a local favorite nicknamed “the Crocodile”;
- And the Mines Resort & Golf Club , a beautiful course built on what was once the largest open cast tin mine in the world.
Your KL stop includes a tour of the capital's highlights, including the Petronas Twin Towers, Petaling Street and surrounding Chinatown, Little India, and other top city stops.
The next stop on this tour is one of Thailand's oldest resort towns. Golf found a foothold in Thailand via Hua Hin, where the first golf course in the nation was completed in 1942. Here you'll spend a few days teeing off at:
- The renowned Banyan Golf Club , a “Rolex Top 1000” course with a signature 15th hole overlooking the Gulf of Thailand; and
- Black Mountain Golf Club , a challenging playing ground for Asian PGA and Thailand Classic golf tournaments.
Finally, you'll shift your game to Thailand's capital Bangkok and its surrounding golf courses:
- Suwan Golf & Country Club, proving ground for 2011 Thailand Open set amidst fruit orchards, rice fields, palm trees, and lotus ponds;
- Thana City Golf & Sports Club, a Greg Norman-designed course featuring plenty of variety for golfers of all classes; and
- Thai Country Club, a five-star course and site of PGA wins by Tiger Woods & Vijay Singh.
The last leg includes a tour of Bangkok's tourist highlights, covering (among others) the Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaew, and a ride down Bangkok waterways on a long-tailed boat.
Banyan Golf Club in Hua Hin, Thailand. Image courtesy of Tourism Authority of Thailand.